Can my mom have a dog if she is undergoing Chemo?

My mom was recently diagnosed with cancer. She is undergoing treatment. I was considering getting her a Collie as she has been wanting one but with work she didn't have the time. Now she is not working and I thought a dog would lift her spirits. I told her I researched some Collies and she was excited but then said the nurse she couldn't be around animals. Is this true? Why?


I don't think a dog would be a good idea right now. Your Mom is probably going to be very weak from her treatments, so unless there is someone there to look after the dog. Also her immune system will probably be very weak, so the risk of infection would be pretty high. To help your Mom's immune system look into what mangosteen juice can do. It has powerful antimicrobial and anticancer properties

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

my dog Template Design By: SkinCorner