How come my dog will only poop in my neighbors yard but not mine?

Is it a territorial thing? I don't know..I feel bad I keep constantly picking up her crap in my neighbors yard..I mean, I always pick it up. But it's still frustrating. She wont poop in my yard! Any reason why? Or is my dog just a little extra picky...


Keep your dog on a leash when you take her out, and keep her in your yard. Wait for 15 minutes; if she doesn't poop, go back inside and wait for 30 minutes, and take her out again. Eventually, she will poop in your yard. When she does, verbally praise and treat her.

Ha ha you must be my neighbor, I have prime real estate for dog poop. I do not allow my dog to poop anywhere but our yard, when we go for a walk I wait until he poops and then we go exploring.

It may be a territorial thing or she has marked your yard sufficiently and is now moving on to ensure proper coverage. Personally I would not allow her to do it, if it is right next door then you can wait until she is about to poop and then drag her back to your yard and make her go there. I know it sounds mean but it isn't it is just a way to get her to do what you want. By drag I mean rush back to your yard with her on a leash and act excited so she will follow (treats).

When she does use your yard make sure to treat and praise her. Also have you tought her the potty command? If not it would be a perfect time to do so, having a dog go potty on command is a great addition.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

my dog Template Design By: SkinCorner