My dog won't eat after being bitten by a black widow spider. How can I make her?

She's a seven-year-old chocolate lab, and the vet thinks she's been bitten by a black widow spider. She has some painkillers, but she can only take them after eating half a can of food. They last for 24 hours, and they should be wearing off around now, so I really need to get more in her. She ate okay (albeit sporadically) yesterday, but she won't touch it today.


Try to feed your dog a different type of can food.

She could be tired of the taste or it just doesn't fit her mouth.

Also, if you give her some different type of can food you have to force yourself to feed her.

If she still won't eat then I suggest you call the vet.

Without confirming the bite, I can only speculate this is a widow

bite.

For most dogs like labs, no doubt she will be quite ill for a day or two.

any bite symptoms (except for the resulting sore) will usually

disappear in about 5-6 days.

99.999 % of widow bites to dogs, occur on the snout.

If she seems to have trouble breathing, get her to a vet imediately.

My lab was bitten on the snout, and was fine a few days later.

The sore took about two weeks to finally heal.

you are going to have to force her to eat you may have to put the food in her mouth and make her eat it (with the pill it will be hard for you but it has to happen!)

put milk in a bottel try and put your dog in your arms and feed your dog.

check for any bumps that look like a spider bite

call the vet and tell them whats going on. They know her history, we dont.

I thought they were fatal? I dunno maybe im wrong. hand feed her some chicken or beef

Call the vet and ask him what to do.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

my dog Template Design By: SkinCorner