How much should my dog be walked?

Im concerned that my pup is getting too much exercise. He is a 6 month old jack russell x pug (small) and is out walking for a minimum of 2 hours in the morning, half an hour in afternoon and another hour before bed. Being a pup he is at full speed the whole time! How often do you walk your dog? What is enough? What is too much?


Exercise requirements really vary from dog to dog.

A dog is getting enough exercise when he isn't bouncing off the walls and eating the furniture. As for what is too much, check with your vet, particularly with a puppy who is still growing.

My dog (a 1 year old medium-sized mix) usually gets about 15 minutes of vigorous fetch mixed with some training twice a day, and about an hour walk at lunchtime. My last dog (a GSD-mix) needed at least 3 times that much.

The exercise you give him now is the perfect amount. Since puppies have a lot of energy it's good to walk them for a minimum of 2 hours everyday. Since my dog is 2 years old already,I walk him for 2 hours in the morning,45 minutes in the afternoon & in the evening I walk him to the dog park which takes about 15 minutes & then I bring a frisbee with me & I play with him for 1 hour.

You're doing just fine.

I'm not too sure how much walkin a lil dog should get.

That does sound like alot though.

I have a great dane dog, and i take her out at least once a day for a good hour, and play with her too in a field sometimes. (thats usually in the morning) Sometimes i'll take her out for another walk in the evening. Depends on the day.

I would say what you should do is walk him with you somewhere. Lunch, grocery store, etc. Once a day. If you can't then just walk your dog around the block, anywhere from ten to forty five minutes a day is enough exerciser If you feel that isn't enough then play with your dog if you get a chance. Dogs love playing trust me my dogs wear me down when I play with them.

wow that is alot! but the one truth is : pups shouldn't get too much of excersise ( esp. BIG BREADS) due to their structure of weak bones. So don't let 'em jump on and off sofas too much until their 3years old.

Ask your vet he's gonna say the same.

Keep up the good work. It sounds like he loves his walks but just make sure in the heat, he doesn't get over heated and in the cold winter months, make sure he doesn't get too cold or worse, frostbite.

he is getting to much exercise. he should only get half hour walk in the moring 1and a half walk in the afternoon and a 15 min walk in the night

your dog should probably run all out for about 30 min twice a day. if your dog has had enough exercise it will sleep all day and not be destructive

too be honest i think that is alot for your dog to cope with, we have a large dog and walk it about 2 hrs a day

as much as a healthy eprson should, but double that if its fat.

Your doing fine.

let him play outside on a leesh, unless you don t have a yard...

that's good(:

every day

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

my dog Template Design By: SkinCorner