How do I register my dog?

I bought my dog from my dad's friend but none of his dogs are registered. And I want to register my dog with AKC but it says the parents have to be registered with them as well. But they're not. So how do I and where can I register my dog without the parents being registered? Also I live in Ca 90020


The AKC is the American Kennel Club used by breeder and people who show dogs....these are pure bred dogs. You cant just register her for it, without proof she is pure bred that comes from her parents papers. You don't need to register the dog pretty much, just love it and take care of it!

You need to have him licensed by the county by law, but not registered with a Kennel Club. I think you might be mixed up there. =)

AKC registration just proves his heritage as a pure bred dog. Since his parents were not papered, there is no proof of ancestry, and thus he cannot be registered as a pure bred dog.

You can't register him with a reputable Kennel Club. Since you are not planning on taking him to show/agility events and (thankfully!!) not breeding him, you can just get him fixed, and not worry at all about registration.

So just call the local Animal Control agency in your county and let them know you have a dog that needs to be licensed. Once he receives his rabies shot, he can be licensed.

you can't register your dog with the AKC, because the parent's have to be registered and purebred for that to happen.

you do however need to register your dog with your county, it's also known as dog licensing. you should look up your local laws on that issue.

since you're being responsible enough to not plan to bred as well, please be responsible enough to get your dog spayed/neutered.

California resident here - It's illegal to not have the dog licensed locally, like with a city shelter, etc. When I got my dog, they put a city license on him, meaning he belongs to my father. Go to a pound and ask them about it.

What you probably mean is the breeding issue. A year or so ago California passed a breeding law stating that you cannot breed your dog unless he's registered with a kennel, etc. But since you're not breeding, you just need to get him licensed with the city. It's not that hard, really. Just go to a shelter and ask them about it.

Anyway, you can't register him with the AKC. :B

you dont...if the parents arent registered that means that your dog will not be registered.

You have to register it with the county/city that you live in, but that's completely different. Go on the gov't website (or your vet should have that information). That only requires your dog's rabies records and they will ask you whether its been neutered/spayed. :) Here in Virginia its like $30 for 3 years.

You can't. Why does it matter to you if it's registered?

If you don't plan to breed or show your dog then there is no logical reason why it should be registered.

You can't register him.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

my dog Template Design By: SkinCorner