My dog ate the cob of a corn. Half of it to be exact. So is she gonna die, or get sick? :(?

!!!


im sure that she's ok...

thnx 4 aqnswering my question i deleted it tho u wouldof gotten best answere tho:D

I've worked in a small animal hospital for 7 years & we have surgically removed several corn cobs from dogs intestines. It's possible it will pass on it's own but you should be very watchful of your dogs intake (food & water), output (urine & stool). If your dog doesn't want to eat or drink or if your dog vomits or struggles to have a bm, has diarrhea, acts lethargic or lazy, go to the vet ASAP. Good luck & keep an eye on the stool.

I agree with the last answer. I saw an episode of Animal Cops Detroit with a dog that had died and was completely skin and bones. They did a necropsy on it and found a corn cob stuck in it's intestines. So I would say it IS a big deal, and I hope your dog passes it.

If it was the whole cob the she might have an upset stomach later and throw up but otherwise she should be fine......

if she is choking though be sure to pat her on the back and if it doesn't stop then call a vet they will tell you what to do

not unless your dog has a weak stomach.my dogs can eat anything,,,for example they have gotten into a whole pan of brownies and they didn't get sick at all.Thank goodness!!But i doubt that your dog will get sick.

It could cause an impaction of the GI tract.

Keep a close eye on her for vomiting and diarrhea.

Watch her poop for evidence of it passing

I doubt it, but Im not an expert. Call your dogs vet or an Animal Hospital and tell them what happened. You should the answers to stuff like that from experts. Good luck :)

watch her carefully as it can be a big problem. any signs of distress, coughing, or blood, call a vet.

not unless shes choking..its ok to eat ..my opinion

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

my dog Template Design By: SkinCorner