My dog's paw is red and she's limping?

I noticed my dog has been gnawing at he back left paw a lot and I checked it and it is a red and she keeps limping.. and she whimpers walking on it..

What could be wrong? is there anything I can do to ease the pain til she goes to the vet?


Did he step on a thorn or something sharp(glass etc). Maybe she got bit by a spider(happened to my dog). You should get a cloth, dip it in warm water, squeeze out all the water and then apply it to the foot and then take her to the vet asap

My dog has had a few issues with his paws. He got a tick in between his toes once and it got red and was sore. He also has environmental allergies and licks his feet all the time which is a major sign of allergies. Anyway he licked his feet so much he gave himself an infection. The vet said it was commonly known as "wet paw". He takes an allergy medicine now if he is outside for more than an hour and I've had no problems since. Also maybe there is a splinter in his foot check it well with a magnifying glass. You can soak it in some peroxide for a few minutes and put some triple antibiotic ointment on it and wrap it up for the night until he can see the vet. Good luck.

Don't give your dog any medication or apply anything. Wait for the vet to tell you what to do, try and get her there ASAP.

One thing you can do is, take a warm, damp washcloth and gently clean her back left paw every few hours until you go to the vet.

Good luck!

The breed does not matter, I would take her to the vet, sorry but no vets on here.

it could be an infected cut, something in the pad of the foot, allergies and they will cause her to chew and lick on it and get it all red

A vet visit asap please

it might be broken and swollen or someone might of bitten it ??

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

my dog Template Design By: SkinCorner