Why does my dog wince and bark in her sleep?

She's a puppy, five months old. Sometimes she'll twitch or wince and bark but quieter than normal while she sleeps. What is the reason for this, and should I wake her up when this occurs?


Hello there,

Ha you puppy is dreaming! Probably dreaming about catching that bunny that she saw the other day, or fighting crime xD! And just like the first person said if she gets way out of hand wake her up. Hope you two grow old with many happy memory's.

my dog dreams all the time. He is 8 1/2 yrs old now and most of the time he has good dreams where he lies on his back and is running and barking softly, but there are other times that he wakes up screaming bloody murder. You see my dog was treated very badly before us. He was thrown out of a moving car when he was a baby. My husband thank God saw it happened and picked him up and brought him home. Poor thing was skinny dirty and had his leg broke in 4 places. I still think he is reliving those bad days when he wakes up howling. When this happens I talk to him in a soothing voice and tell him things are just fine and I sit up and pet him a min. Also soothing music helps. I turn on the tv to moodscapes on sirius radio and my dog sleeps peacefully through the night most of the time.

Try putting a clock beside her while she sleeps.

it should calm her down and remind her of the sound of her mothers beating heart. Goodluck. (not a huge deal though, shes a pup)

don;t wake the dog up, it can cause heart problems and scare them sh*tless. what it is is that it's having dreams about chasing something. my mutt does it too.

It probaby means either she's not sleeping very well or she's disturbed or scared

She is just having a dream. If it gets to extreme, like barking and having spasms, then wake her up. My dog does this too... she lays on her back and runs in her sleep :)

She's Having a Dream.

Nah she's just dreaming. Let her dream. I hate it when someone wakes me up and I'm dreaming :)

Your dog is in slumber land.. wake her of you want to lose a hand.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

my dog Template Design By: SkinCorner