I am dog sitting for a friend. How do I get her dog to understand my house rules?

She has different house rules for her pup then I do for mine and I will be watching her dog at my house. I have a 5 month old pup and her dog is 1 1/2.


It'll take time, but just treat her the same as yours, keeping all the rules in place. If she's not allowed on the couch but jumps up anyway then move her off a few times, if she doesn't get the message then put her somewhere without distraction, so she can think it over. Do the same for everything. It's all about temporally re-training her. Reward good behaviour as you would if she were a new dog, and you should see results. Also it might be worth spending some one on one time with her, as she will feel a little sad or scared now that her owner isn't there. Good luck, hope this helps!

That'd be hard, make sure you get a schedule of your friends normal routine with the dog so you don't have to change it too much. Make sure your pup doesn't annoy the other dog, otherwise you may have an issue on your hands. There's no way I could think of to teach the dog your rules without messing up what the owner has already taught

she might not. your not the "leader of the pack"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

my dog Template Design By: SkinCorner