My dog got up on the table and munched down 12 chicken wings and fries..?

what do i do? will he be okay ? :(


He will probably be ok but keep a close eye on him.

The only worry is the cooked bones.

How did a 13yo large dog get up on the table and where were you while he was doing all this? I guess you won't leave food on the table again.

The only thing I would be worried about is the chicken bones splintering and getting stuck in his throat or stomach. He may throw up the food because it upset his stomach or he may have the runs but if he acts lethargic, won't eat or drink I would take him to an emergency vet immediately. If he throws up or gets the runs it is safe to give him a tablespoon of Pepto Bismo.

Regardless of any other answers, It doesn't make any difference if the chicken bones are cooked or raw. Chicken bones are the worst things to let your dog eat. I used to feed my GSD raw chicken wings until I found one in her faeces (poo) that had splintered. The bone sliver was about 2 inches long. The danger was very obvious. The feeding of chicken bones in any (whole) form is deadly. It was only because the stomach acids had rounded off the sharp points that my GSD did not suffer a pierced stomach, intestine or bowel. If this should happen, your dog will die an excruciating painful death before you realize what has happened.

Following the detection of the bone splinter, I now feed my GSD finely minced/ground chicken necks. Even these chicken necks (or turkey necks) must never be fed as whole necks. I have seen dogs choke on the individual vertebrae. This does not happen when the necks are ground. I perform a regular check/examination of my dogs faeces to make sure she is "normal" and healthy. OK, this sounds gross, but how much is your dogs' life and love for you worth? At the same time, it is quite surprising what you find and you can determine what to do to keep your beloved best mate in perfect health.

Don't worry about the extra fat in the fries. A dog needs at least 10% or more of fat in his diet. I would be more concerned about the potato but if he doesn't/hasn't thrown up he will be ok. If he does throw up, he will need a drink of water to replace the lost body fluids

Wedge

Lucky him. But he will probably be okay. The only problem is that the chicken bones might splinter and get stuck in his throat. But the chicken meat and the fries shouldn't be much of a problem. He might throw up, which is okay. Also he will likely have diarrhea for a few days. But if he gets through the first hour okay, then he will be just fine =]

im not actually a vet here sooo my advce isnt the best to be getting it 4rm ...anyway, a dog shouldnt consum that much fat *(like our food) simply because itz not good 4 them and its hard 4rm them 2 digest...sooo my best advice is to just tell ur vet n see what his (or) her advice is..after all they know what their talking about...itz their job

o and i hope ur dog gets better =D

the only thing I would be worried about is the bones..chicken bones can splinter and get stuck in the throat, stomach, intestines....just watch your dog carefully. If he starts to act funny take him to the vet.

umm well i dont think that its like bad for them or poisoness, but if he throws up, eats grass, or has something wrong with his poo, then there might be something wrong. just wait and see how he takes it.

He should be OK if he didn't get a bone stuck in his throat. He will probably get the runs. And sometimes dogs throw up potatoes.

I wish I was a little bit taller I wish I was a baller I wish I had a girl in the pent I would call her

dogs have easy regurgitation. They eat a lot of stuff they arent supposed to. if he wasn't ok he would throw it up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

my dog Template Design By: SkinCorner