Is it a good idea to let my dog sleep in bed with me if I am pregnant?

I have a weimaraner and a Chihuahua that sleeps with me at night all the time so is it a good idea?


What's wrong with that? As long as they don't step on your stomach, i suppose.

I don't see any problem unless it starts interferring with your sleep patterns.

The reality is that you should probably start getting them used to sleeping in a dog bed on the floor, because after you have the baby, you will not want the dogs in the bed, because you will be nursing and stuff like that! Plus getting up in the middle of the night and stuff. So the dogs will associate the baby with the new restrictions unless you start the restrictions right now.

It will be easier for you if you get your dogs used to giving you a little personal space before the baby arrives.

Dogs are as clean as you keep them, so there is no reason not to love and play with them, plus walking is excellent exercise for pregnancy and will give you a chance to spend time with them to replace the sleeping in the bed. Make sure that the dogs are fully vaccinated and use the flea/tick controls suggested by your vet, but you may want to have someone else put that stuff on for you. You don't want to handle any chemicals while you are pregnant.

Don't see what the problem would be. Unless you are worried about germs or fleas or worms etc. But you should be worried about those things even when not pregnant, so I don't see the point of your question.

Both my dogs still sleep in the bed with me, one of them likes to lay against my belly some nights. I guess your only concern would be if your dog has a tendency to jump on ur stomach.

You should be fine unless you dogs want to lay on your stomach or jump on you!

i dont see anything wrong with it. I let my pomeranian sleep in my bed when i was pregnant

I am not sure what you are thinking the problem would be?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

my dog Template Design By: SkinCorner