How do I get my dog to stop randomly barking?

My yorkie barks a LOT whenever he hears my mom talking upstairs or somebody moving. It's that desperate, "I want your attention!" barking. I give him attention, hold him and try and bribe him with his favorite treat, but he won't stay quiet! To make it worst, he normally does this at night and it drives my mom crazy! Any tips?


Well you're rewarding his barking!!! big mistake. You've tought him if he barks he gets attention, food, cuddles. big NO NO's

You need to ignore his asking for attention. When he barks say NO/Shhh/hush/quiet which ever you like, also making a loud distracting sound can stop him from barking, just in that split second he is quiet is when you should treat and praise, you need to do this every time, also if he is making a sound.. he gets NO attention what so ever, only pay him attention when he is quiet and calm.

: Barking is a natural form of expression for your dog; completely eliminating it is neither healthy nor humane. However, with effort and the right tactics, problem barking can be managed, if not largely prevented.

http://dogtime.com/barking.html

Growl at him very loudly.Handle him in a rough manner if necessary, but don't be cruel.Do this consistently.What ever you do don't bribe him with a treat, that is rewarding bad behaviour.

here's your answer http://www.neobux.com/?r=juggalodarkclo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

my dog Template Design By: SkinCorner